California as broke as Greece?
Posted by bgtvmediaonline on 2012-05-23
The state of California has been in a downward spiral when it comes to it’s financial situation. Governor Jerry Brown is now proposing implementing austerity measures to pull the Golden State out of the red. Social programs such as welfare and healthcare for the poor are the first to be slashed and Dr. Caroline Heldman, politics professor at Occidental College, joins us with her take on the situation.
- The Golden State Gone Broke – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- California as broke as Greece? (sgtreport.com)
- Matt Gurney: If California is America’s Greece, what does that make Ontario? (fullcomment.nationalpost.com)
- The Golden State Gone Broke – Huffington Post (blog) (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘America’s Greece,’ California dreams of raising taxes (cbc.ca)
- If You Live In California Things Just Got A Whole Lot Worse (sott.net)
- Africans to suffer as California considers $8.3 billion spending cuts – Watch Video (africanleader.net)
- California economy in big trouble (video) (vancouversun.com)
- Jerry Brown: California Can Choose Between Either Spending Cuts Or Higher Taxes (and Urges the Public to Please Select “Temporary” Higher Taxes) (minx.cc)