Published on Nov 19, 2013
The death toll in the flash floods on the Italian island of Sardinia has risen to 16, according to officials. Villages in the central south part of the island of been evacuated and thousands of people have been left without homes. The island, famed for its Costa Smeralda beaches of crystal clear water and dry Mediterranean climate, had more than 400 millimetres of water in 24 hours.
- Sardinia cyclone: island hit by deadly storm and floods (telegraph.co.uk)
- At least 16 dead following ‘apocalyptic’ cyclone in Sardinia – @AP (hosted.ap.org)
- Sardinia on ‘maximum alert’ after deadly storms (theguardian.com)
- ‘Apocalyptic’ Storm Floods Sardinia, 17 Dead – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Sardinia floods leave 17 dead (sbs.com.au)
- St Marks Square flooded as Venice hit by of storms that killed at least 18 in Sardinia (express.co.uk)