The flag of Afghanistan (Pashto: د افغانستان بيرغ; Persian: پرچم افغانستان) was adopted by the Afghan Interim Administration on December 22, 2001. This flag is similar to the one flown in Afghanistan during the monarchy between 1930 and 1973. The difference is the addition of the shahadah at the top of the coat of arms (seen in yellow) in the center. This flag consists of three stripes of the colors black, red, and green. This has been present on most flags of Afghanistan in the last twenty years. The center emblem is the classical emblem of Afghanistan with a mosque with its mihrab facing Makah.
Afghanistan has had more changes of its national flag during the 20th century than any other country in the world. It has had 20 different flags since the first flag when the Hotaki dynasty was established in 1709 that made Afghanistan independent.
People: Nationality: Afghan(s). Population: 28,513,677 (July 2004 est.). More than 3.5 million Afghans live outside the country, mainly in Pakistan and Iran, although over two and a half million have returned since the removal of the Taliban. Annual population growth rate (2004 est.): 4.92%. This rate does not take into consideration the recent war and its continuing impact. Main ethnic groups: Pashtun, Tajik, Hazara, Uzbek, Turkmen, Aimaq, Baluch, Nuristani, Kizilbash. Religions: Sunni Muslim 80%, Shi’a Muslim 19%, other 1%. Languages: Dari (Afghan Persian), Pashto. Literacy: 30-35%; (male 51%, female 21%) Natural resources: Natural gas, oil, coal, copper, chromite, talc, barites, sulfur, lead, zinc, iron, salt, precious and semiprecious stones. Agriculture products: Opium, wheat, corn, barley, rice, cotton, fruit, nuts, karakul pelts, wool, and mutton. Industries: Small-scale production of textiles, soap, furniture, shoes, fertilizer, cement; handwoven carpets; natural gas, coal, copper. Currency: Afghani (AFN)
- Afgan – Pesan cinta (deviantysemen96.wordpress.com)
- Afgan vs U.S.A. – Still no conclusion (pooooja97.wordpress.com)
- The Afgan War (cheapargumentativeessay.wordpress.com)
- ECP meeting underway on LG polls (dawn.com)
- “Afghan Talks at Impasse Before Vote, Officials Say” NY Times (turcopolier.typepad.com)
- A Five Minute Walk Down the Street (blackeffulgence.wordpress.com)
- Kite Runner (librarycatbookreviews.wordpress.com)
- King Tut’s Sister Stolen in Massive Museum Heist (tammybruce.com)
- British marine found guilty of executing injured Afgan insurgent (politics.ie)
- Double amputee Afgan vet rides cross country to raise 1million $ for Veteran’s charities> (ireport.cnn.com)