President: Uhuru Kenyatta
Population: 41.61 million (2011) World Bank
Currency: Kenyan shilling
Government: Devolution, Republic, Semi-presidential system, Representative democracy
Official language: Swahili Language, English Language
Ethnic groups: African–Kikuyu 21%, Luhya 14%, Luo 13%, Kalenjin 11%, Kamba 11%, Kisii 6%, Meru 5%. Non-African–Asian, European, Arab 1%.
Religions: Protestant 40%, Roman Catholic 30%, Muslim 20%, indigenous beliefs 10%, .
Languages: English, Swahili, more than 40 local ethnic languages.
Literacy (in English): 59%.
- Kenya ban on the import of GM food illegal, not backed by law – Romano Kiome (clippings.ilri.org)
- Ruto lobbies for more AU troops in Somalia (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Briefing: Restive northern Kenya sees shifting power, risks (IRINnews.org)
- Meet the Future President of the Republic of Kenya (thekenyanwoman.com)
- ICC now asked to investigate its prosecutors (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Kenyans Release Bloody Sows In ‘Greedy Pigs’ Protest To Denounce Parliament Pay Raise Proposal (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- President at home, on trial abroad: How Kenya’s new leader is coping (csmonitor.com)
- Graffitied pigs and buckets of blood on the streets of Nairobi as protests over MPs pay continue (independent.co.uk)
- African leaders must emulate Chinese celebrities to save elephants | Paula Kahumbu (guardian.co.uk)
- Jay-Z Had Sex With Kenya Moore (4umf.com)