The Obama administration has begun directly providing weapons to Kurdish forces in Iraq. Plus, Kurdish forces said they retook two important parts of northern Iraq on Sunday. WSJ’s Matt Bradley joins the News Hub from Baghdad.
Posts Tagged ‘Obama Administration’
Posted by Quemela Savage on 2014/08/11
Posted in News, Obama Talk, Politics, The Truth | Tagged: Baghdad, Barack Obama, BGTV Media Online, bgtvmediaonline.com, Iraq, Kurdish forces, Obama Administration, President Barack Obama, United States, WSJ's Matt Bradley | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Quemela Savage on 2014/05/12
Published on May 9, 2014
The Obama administration is facing increasing pressure from Congress over its handling of the crisis in Ukraine. Victoria Nuland, assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs, testified in front of Senate and House committees this week, facing tough questions about the Maidan violence and the effectiveness of sanctions. RT’s Lindsay France has a wrap-up of the two hearings.
Posted in Russia, Ukraine, United States | Tagged: assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs, Congress, News, Obama Administration, Politics, Protests/Riots, RT's Lindsay France, Russia, Senate and House committees, State Dept. grilled in Congress over support of Ukraine's neo-Nazis, Ukraine, United States, Victoria Nuland | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Quemela Savage on 2013/11/22
Published on Nov 22, 2013
The White House Correspondents’ Association and 37 news organizations blasted the Obama Administration this week for restricting photographers’ access to presidential events. “As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist’s camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the Executive Branch of government,” the letter to White House press secretary Jay Carney said. The organizations also complain the the Obama administration’s claims of privacy are undermined by having the official White House photographer Peter Souza at the events they are blocked from. RT‘s Ameera David takes a close-up look at what events photographers are left out of the shot.
- Media blasts White House for blocking, filtering news (oddonion.com)
- Media blasts White House for blocking, filtering news (capitolhillblue.com)
- White House press blasts Obama administration on access (nst.com.my)
- Politics & NWO – White House Press Corps rebel over access block to Obama (disclose.tv)
- Reporters Blast White House Over Secrecy (swampland.time.com)
- Journalists, Networks Decry Obama White House’s ‘Troubling Precedent’ on Press Access (newsbusters.org)
- White House press corps revolts over lack of Obama access (washingtontimes.com)
- Photographers want more access to Obama, White House events (seattletimes.com)
- Obama Admin Suppresses Photos: Press Ignites in Protest (therebel.org)
- White House photographers mutiny over Obama’s ‘Soviet-style’ controls (theguardian.com)
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Barack Obama, Executive (government), Executive Branch of government, Jay Carney, News, News Reporters, Obama Administration, Obama Talk, Politics, White House, White House Correspondents Association, White House Press Secretary | Leave a Comment »