The Obama administration has begun directly providing weapons to Kurdish forces in Iraq. Plus, Kurdish forces said they retook two important parts of northern Iraq on Sunday. WSJ’s Matt Bradley joins the News Hub from Baghdad.
Posts tagged ‘Obama Administration’
Published on May 9, 2014
The Obama administration is facing increasing pressure from Congress over its handling of the crisis in Ukraine. Victoria Nuland, assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs, testified in front of Senate and House committees this week, facing tough questions about the Maidan violence and the effectiveness of sanctions. RT’s Lindsay France has a wrap-up of the two hearings.
Published on May 5, 2014
Major tech companies are implementing a policy alerting users when the government requests access to their data. Companies such as Google, Facebook and Microsoft came under fire after last year’s revelations regarding the National Security Agency and the extent of the government’s access to users’ personal data. The Obama administration is also considering changes to the rules governing warrantless access to consumers’ information. RT’s Lindsay France has more details on these privacy changes.
Published on Nov 22, 2013
The White House Correspondents’ Association and 37 news organizations blasted the Obama Administration this week for restricting photographers’ access to presidential events. “As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist’s camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the Executive Branch of government,” the letter to White House press secretary Jay Carney said. The organizations also complain the the Obama administration’s claims of privacy are undermined by having the official White House photographer Peter Souza at the events they are blocked from. RT‘s Ameera David takes a close-up look at what events photographers are left out of the shot.
- Media blasts White House for blocking, filtering news (oddonion.com)
- Media blasts White House for blocking, filtering news (capitolhillblue.com)
- White House press blasts Obama administration on access (nst.com.my)
- Politics & NWO – White House Press Corps rebel over access block to Obama (disclose.tv)
- Reporters Blast White House Over Secrecy (swampland.time.com)
- Journalists, Networks Decry Obama White House’s ‘Troubling Precedent’ on Press Access (newsbusters.org)
- White House press corps revolts over lack of Obama access (washingtontimes.com)
- Photographers want more access to Obama, White House events (seattletimes.com)
- Obama Admin Suppresses Photos: Press Ignites in Protest (therebel.org)
- White House photographers mutiny over Obama’s ‘Soviet-style’ controls (theguardian.com)